Scope and Contents
This collection consists of single manuscripts items from past NWC presidents, faculty, and staff, as well as other other naval officers and military service members from Rhode Island and the surrounding area. These items include correspondence, journals, reports, certificates, commissions, scrapbooks, and other ephemera that relate to the history of the U.S. Naval War College, the history of navies in the Narragansett Bay region, and the history of naval warfare and strategy.
- Creation: 1783-2013 and undated
- Naval War College (U.S.). Naval Historical Collection (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is open to all researchers, unless otherwise specified.
Conditions Governing Use
Material in this collection is in the public domain, unless otherwise noted.
38.5 Linear Feet (36 archival boxes, 7 half archival boxes, 14 oversize boxes, 6 oversize folders)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by the Manuscript Item number (MSI) assigned to an item(s) at the time of its accession to the Naval Historical Collection.
Genre / Form
- Newport (R.I.) -- History
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century
- Manuscript Items
- Dacs Finding Aid
- Elizabeth Delmage
- 2019 Feb 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note