Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Ingraham family first immigrated to the United States in the seventeenth century from Great Britain, with many settling in South Carolina where they became a seafaring family with strong connections to both the U.S. Navy and the Navy of the Confederate States. This collection includes ships’ logs and reminiscences maintained by members of the Ingraham family while on board serving in either the U.S. Navy of the Confederate Navy during the American Civil War.
This collection consists of one notebook detailing Lawson's naval service during the final months of World War I, as well as photographs of Lawson on the USS Worden. Naval documents are present as well, including Lawson’s discharge papers and citations of merit.
This collection consists of single manuscripts items from past NWC presidents, faculty, and staff, as well as other other naval officers and military service members from Rhode Island and the surrounding area. These items include correspondence, journals, reports, certificates, commissions, scrapbooks, and other ephemera that relate to the history of the U.S. Naval War College, the history of navies in the Narragansett Bay region, and the history of naval warfare and strategy.
- Subject: reminiscenses X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval operations, American 2
- letters (correspondence) 2
- Newport (R.I.) -- History 1
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 1
- bibles 1
- certificates 1
- diaries 1
- military commissions 1
- scrapbooks 1
- ships' logs 1 ∧ less
- Confederate States of America. Navy 1
- Dolphin (Schooner) 1
- Hall, Wilburn B. (Wilburn Briggs), 1838-1912 1
- Ingraham family 1
- Ingraham, Duncan N. (Duncan Nathaniel), 1802-1891 1